Andornot is proud to be a sponsor of "The Law of Unintended Consequences: the right to be forgotten, the duty to remember." This 3rd annual international seminar and symposium is organized by the Association of Canadian Archivists Student Chapter of UBC, and is being held in the Frederic Wood Theatre at UBC from February 9-11, 2011.
- “Diversity in Expression, Diversity in Representation: Automation and Experimentation in Digital Preservation”
- “General State Archives of Greece: Our Access Policy”
- “Recall or Re-use? How Do Perceived Purposes for Keeping Records Influence Professional Strategies?”
- “The Noise of the Archive: Oblivion in the Age of Total Recall”
- “Forensic Readiness and the Challenges of the Cloud”
- “Building and Using Digital Collections: Confronting Causality, Control, and the Impact of Digital Remembering”
- “The Directive on Recordkeeping and Appraisal at LAC [Libraries and Archives Canada]”
- “The Digital Recordkeeping Continuum in the Government of Canada”
Speakers and attendees will discuss topics pertinent to social media, the Web, and mobile communications and their preservation, privacy matters as well as other ethical and legal issues.