In 2020, with the COVID-19 pandemic well underway, a partnership of four Saskatchewan health organizations formed a COVID-19 Evidence Support Team (CEST) to initiate a new learning health cycle in response to the pandemic.
The CEST initiative had three key objectives:
- the rapid production of the best evidence for facilitating COVID-related decision-making,
- the establishment of a single electronic platform (a database, dashboard, and repository) for systematic sharing of the updated COVID-19 reviews, and
- the initiation of a Learning Health System by constant exchange between reliable evidence, policy, and practice.
One of Andornot’s core strengths is mixing and matching systems and data into a solution that meets the needs of our clients and their budgets. For this project, we assisted the Saskatchewan Health Authority Library in achieving CEST's goals by providing:
- DB/TextWorks software for managing research requests and evidence reviews in databases;
- scripts to fetch research requests submitted to a third party system (Redcap);
- a search engine based on our Andornot Discovery Interface (AnDI);
- data generation for display in a dashboard-style summary; and
- hosting of these components in our Canadian data centre.
This combination of tools provides a complete information management and search system for COVID-19 rapid evidence reviews.
AnDI Search Site
More information on this project:
An article Developing a rapid evidence response to COVID-19: the collaborative approach of Saskatchewan, Canada published online in Learning Health Systems.