Genie (part of the Inmagic Library Suite) includes several different notices regarding loan overdues and serials routing. If you need to make a change to the content of these notices, the following guide will help you see where to make those changes, as well as when different notices are used. All of the notices listed below reflect Genie version 3.3).
Overdue Notices - Email
There are 3 overdue notice emails:
- In MyReports.config as EmailLoanOverdue. Used to send multiple emails at once, from the "E-mail overdue notices" link at the bottom of the Loans search results, when the "E-mail/Print Overdue Notices" report is selected in the drop-down list of reports.
- An HTML page in \Program Files\Inmagic\Genie called OverdueEmailTemplate.htm. Sent from the "Send overdue e-mail notice" link at the bottom of the Loans edit screen.
- An HTML page in \Program Files\Inmagic\Genie called StatsOverdueEmail_0.htm. Sent from the Email link on the Statistics page.
There is also an HTML page in \Program Files\Inmagic\Genie called OverdueEmailBatch.htm, but this is no longer used; it has been replaced by EmailLoanOverdue in MyReports.config.
Overdue Notices - Print
There is 1 printable overdue loan notice:
- In MyReports.config is LoanOverdueNotice, used when batch printing multiple notices. Used by Print link at the top and bottom of the Loans search results when the "E-mail/Print Overdue Notices" report is selected in the drop-down list of reports, and by the Print links on the Statistics page. By default, this report is commented out from the list of reports at the bottom of MyReports.config and so does not appear in the drop-down list of reports in the Loans search results.
Serials Routing Notices - Email
There are 3 serials routing emails:
- In MyReports.config as EmailSerialsRoute. Used when you send multiple email routing notices at once, from the Serials "Email Routing Notices" report.
- An HTML page in \Program Files\Inmagic\Genie called "RouteEmailTemplate.htm". Used when you email the notice for just 1 serial, from the serial edit screen.
- An HTML page in \Program Files\Inmagic\Genie called "StatsRouteEmail_0.htm". Used by the Email link on the Statistics page.
Additional Notes on Routing Emails:
- When an issue has just been checked in, and a PDF of the Table of Contents uploaded, if a user then clicks the Send Email Routing notice link on the serials edit screen, the pop-up window that appears contains 2 additional checkboxes for linking to and attaching the PDF in the email. These checkboxes do not appear if there is no PDF associated with the serial issue open in the serials edit screen.
- By default, in RouteEmailTemplate.htm, the parameter TOCImageLink appears, but it appears outside of a pair of < p > tags and should be moved. TOCImageLink is used to include a link to the latest Table of Contents uploaded for this serial.
- EmailSerialsRoute in MyReports.config shows the issue checked in from the SerDateToRoute field, whereas the other 2 reports do not; they show only the title. A user would have to type the issue date/vol into the Comments field in the pop-up window, as the comments are included in the RouteEmailTemplate.htm file (but not the StatsRouteEmail_0.htm file).
Serials Routing Notices - Print
There are 3 printable serial routing notices:
- In \Program Files\Inmagic\Genie is the file route_print.aspx which is called when clicking the Print Routing Notice link on the serials edit screen. It pulls content from the node called BodyText_EmailRouting in the GlobalResource.resx file in \Program Files\Inmagic\Genie\App_GlobalResources.
- In MyReports.config is Route1on8.5x11, used when batch printing multiple routing notices, 1 per page, and by the Print link on the Statistics page.
- In MyLabels.config is LabelRoute3on8.5x11, used for printing routing notices on labels.
Note: the two reports in MyReports.config must be listed in the list of Serials reports at the bottom of MyReports.config to appear in the drop down list of serials reports in Genie.