Andornot has worked closely for many years with Bull, Housser & Tupper and in 2003 Lynda Roberts was named the winner of the Inmagic InfoHero award. An Inmagic Success Story has also been produced with more information on the use of Inmagic software at BHT.Lynda Roberts named 2003 winner of Inmagic's InfoHero Award
Exemplifying the objective of content integration: to seamlessly embed content in the user's work environment
New York, NY - Inmagic, Inc., a global provider of content and information management software and services, announces Lynda Roberts, Manager of Library Services for the law firm of Bull, Housser & Tupper of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, as the 2003 InfoHero award winner.
The InfoHero award is presented to the customer who is judged to have created an information management solution with an Inmagic product that that has had the most significant impact within their organization. Ms. Roberts was nominated by Denise Bonin of Andornot Consulting, an Inmagic Authorized Reseller with offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Point Roberts, Washington.
Nominations were reviewed by a panel of experts and thought leaders within the information industry and Ms. Roberts was chosen based on her innovative use of Inmagic product to spur productivity and increase the collective knowledge of Bull, Housser & Tupper through the introduction and implementation of sound knowledge management principles.
"Lynda Roberts' application of DB/Text WebPublisher PRO has made a major difference in the work of Bull, Housser & Tupper's attorneys," said Mary Corcoran, VP and lead analyst at Outsell, Inc., a member of the panel of industry experts. "She designed The Bank (Bull, Housser & Tupper Automated Network of Knowledge) around the firm's workflows rather than just providing access to content. In Outsell's opinion, The Bank addresses the objective of content integration -- to seamlessly embed content in the user's work environment."
The Bank is a database that serves as a starting point for accessing model documents within the firm. Each record in The Bank includes links to a document template and to relevant Bull, Housser & Tupper precedents as well as a description of the document and its use, and annotations to additional library resources.
"The Bull, Housser & Tupper solution exemplifies how Inmagic's products are used to organize and deliver business-critical content." said Susan Stearns, VP of Marketing at Inmagic. "Serving as an advocate for knowledge management within her firm, Lynda Roberts has improved the firm's productivity while increasing the collective knowledge across the organization. What a great example of return on your information investment."
Ms. Roberts emerged victorious against an impressive field of finalists, including:
- Susan Bryant of Minute Maid - Ms. Bryant uses DB/Text WebPublisher PRO to make information available throughout her worldwide organization, cutting down on duplication of effort and improving productivity.
- Mary Forman and Shari Johnson of USAA -- Ms. Forman and Ms. Johnson use DB/Text WebPublisher PRO and Intellimagic™ to help USAA move successfully to a virtual library and improve productivity without exhausting IT resources.
- Nancy Lemon of Owens Corning - Ms. Lemon has been credited within her organization for improving the spread of knowledge throughout the organization as well as making users more self-sufficient.
- Robert Riger of the Miami-Dade County Law Library - Mr. Riger makes his organization's collection more available by using BiblioTech PRO® to bring it to the Web.
- Deborah Scott-Douglas of the Canadian Medical Association - Ms. Scott-Douglas utilizes DB/Text WebPublisher to revamp a problematic journal routing system and to increase accessibility for remote users.
- Vionnette Sellers of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science -- Ms. Sellers standardized the organization's databases on DB/TextWorks and makes them available on the intranet via DB/Text WebPublisher, thus streamlining searches and improving accessibility to the Academy's many specialized collections.
The review panel included James Matarazzo, Dean Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of the Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Services; Paula J. Hane, News Bureau Chief of Information Today, Inc. and Editor of NewsBreaks; Susanne Hasulo, Managing Editor of Information Highways magazine, Canada's magazine for the e-content community, produced by the e-Content Institute; Ms. Corcoran and Ms. Stearns.
Inmagic will hold a reception to honor Ms. Roberts on June 8th at the Marriott Marquis in New York City in conjunction with the annual Special Libraries Conference. Ms. Roberts succeeds Susan Kooyman of the Glenbow Archives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, the winner of the first InfoHero award.
About Lynda Roberts
Ms. Roberts joined Bull, Housser & Tupper as the Manager of Library Services in 1996. She has worked in libraries - predominantly law libraries -- in Vancouver since 1984. She graduated from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver with a Masters degree in Library and Information Studies and a BA in English Literature. She also spent three years studying law in New Zealand.
"I have been particularly interested in the influence that databases have on information management," said Ms. Roberts. "Despite not having any technical background I felt compelled to learn as much about Inmagic and database design as I could. I have always maintained that librarians should learn as much as possible about the technical side of the tools on which they rely."
About Inmagic, Inc.
Inmagic is the leading provider of advanced content catalog solutions to corporations and governments worldwide. Since its founding, Inmagic has been a key driver of innovations that help information-intensive organizations gain the greatest value possible from their knowledge assets. Inmagic clients integrate content from multiple internal and external repositories to build specialized content catalogs that manage, categorize and publish their critical knowledge assets for maximum business advantage.
Inmagic is a registered trademark of Inmagic, Inc. Other trademarks or tradenames are property of their respective holders.
Contact Andornot for more information