Library and Archives Canada has announced the launch of the 2021-2022 funding cycle for the Documentary Heritage Communities Program (DHCP), with $1.5 million to award to documentary heritage organizations across the country.
The DHCP provides financial assistance to the Canadian documentary heritage community for activities that:
- increase access to, and awareness of, Canada’s local documentary heritage institutions and their holdings; and
- increase the capacity of local documentary heritage institutions to better sustain and preserve Canada's documentary heritage.
This program is a great opportunity for archives, museums, historical societies and other cultural institutions to digitize their collections, develop search engines and virtual exhibits, and other activities that preserve and promote their valuable resources.
Further program details, requirements and application procedures are available at https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/services/documentary-heritage-communities-program/Pages/dhcp.aspx
How can Andornot help?
Many Andornot clients have obtained DHCP grants in previous rounds, and Andornot has worked on many other projects which would qualify for this grant. Some examples are detailed in these blog posts:
- Arnprior and McNab/Braeside Archives Upgrade
- Manitoba Law Library Launches New Catalogue, including Collection of Historic Judgments
- Galt Museum and Archives Launches New Collections Search
- Anglican Church of Canada Archives launches a new search portal to provide better access to a wider selection of records of national significance
- Explore Heritage Resources with a Map Interface
- Société historique de Saint-Boniface Upgrades Archives Search Interface
- Bulkley Valley Museum Collection Now Online
We have extensive experience with digitizing documents, books and audio and video materials, and developing systems to manage those collections and make them searchable or presented in virtual exhibits.
Contact us to discuss collections you have and ideas for proposals. We'll do our best to help you obtain funding from the DHCP program!