Summer's here and it's time to get out from behind a screen and hit the beach with a cool drink and a hot book. With that in mind, here, for a change, is a blog post not about technology.
Favourite Mystery Series
After a long day working on technical stuff, I like to unwind with purely escapist fiction. But well-written, thoughtful, escapist fiction, set abroad. I especially enjoy good mystery series, so here are some of my favourites, plus a few other recent reads.
- The Alan Banks series by Peter Robinson (set in Yorkshire, England).
- The John Rebus series by Ian Rankin (set in Scotland).
- The Guido Brunetti series by Donna Leon (set in Venice).
- The Richard Nottingham series by Chris Nickson (set in Leeds, England in the 1730s).
- The Brighton Triligy by Peter Guttridge (set in Brighton, England).
- The Inspector Kaldis series by Jeffrey Siger (set in Greece).
- The Jean-Baptiste Adamsberg series by Fred Vargas (set in France).
- Songs of Willow Frost and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jaime Ford.
- The Dinner by Herman Koch.